Don’t see a position suitable for you? We’d still love to hear from you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Research and Insight Director
WILDFIRE is a specialist Social & Word of Mouth Marketing agency operating as part of the Grey EMEA network located in London and Dusseldorf. The agency believes that nothing influences brand decisions more than the shared user experiences of other people and focuses on creating, managing, surfacing and spreading real brand stories told by real people.
Wildfire works with major global and national brands such as Allianz, BAT, Weber, Grünenthal, INEOS, Hovis, New Amsterdam Vodka, HSBC, Zeiss, Pringles, ETM and Citizens Advice.
Global awards include EFFIE Gold (P&G), WARC Global Grand Prix (GSK), and the Forrester Global Groundswell Award (Wilkinson Sword).
About the Role
The Social Research and Insight Manager is required to seek out value-driving insights from a variety of sources (including but not exclusive to Brandwatch, Mintel and TGI plus others) into coherent findings and game-changing insights for the planning team, our clients, business prospects and our wider networked partners. These customer and market insights are used for BAU content planning, campaign planning, customer journey mapping, creative planning, pitches and other vital programmes at the heart of our business.
This role is pivotal in defining and creating the value for our clients’ business.
- Extensive experience in the setup and management of social listening tools and TGI
- Extensive experience of brand tracking and production of optimal client-facing reports and dashboards
- Experience of KPI reporting, and timely communication of insights to planners and clients
- Extensive quant and qual research experience with flair for the strengths and weaknesses of different methodologies
- Strong experience in questionnaire writing, plus extrapolating insights from secondary research
- Excellent experience in the writing and delivering of quality trends presentations in wide ranging categories
- Strong experience of a fast-paced agency environment and working with social planners/strategists/creatives and account handlers
- Excellent experience and processes for micro influencer identification
- Demonstrable understanding of Social’s role in marketing, including channel ad formats and roles for each channel
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck, Sprinklr, and Social Mention.
- Developing, implementing and promoting wildfire’s research and social listening services amongst our networked partners, and the industry
- Managing and delivering all research projects to a high, professional standard
- Leading social media measurement and analysis for wildfire and its clients
- Working with the rest of the wildfire team to help develop and grow the business by supporting new business activities, promoting the company’s reputation and strengthening internal systems/processes
- Excelling at an up-to-date knowledge of new research technology and techniques, and educating the team
- Ad hoc management of freelancers working on research projects and project budgets/timelines
- Constant quality control of research output
- Representing the agency and its mission/values at internal and external events
- Producing written outputs including briefs, reports, analysis, articles and white-papers
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Sound judgement and good interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of pride in their work, professionalism and continuous learning
Social listening: Using listening tools to measure and assess online/social sentiment around a brand, category or topic; also covers risk management and more general audience insight and product/communications learning. Sold either as one-off projects or continuous trackers supplied by partners.
Trends reporting: Sharing commercial understanding of new ideas and advocacy initiatives (online and offline) from brands/agencies; insight into new platforms and emergent opportunities; plus new audience behaviours across social media. Generally sold one-off as desk research, consultancy or workshop sessions.
WOM(M) Insight: Assessing why consumers do/don’t share information and recommendations about a brand (including attitudes to existing offline and online peer-to-peer activity) and thus how opportunities to drive advocacy can and should be realized and maximized.
Micro influencer identification: Managing, maintaining, and developing WILDFIRE’s Influencer Identification process.
Campaign effectiveness and reporting: Planning, designing and creating benchmark performance surveys and analyzing social data to measure pre-, mid- and post- campaigns and benchmark the efficacy of peer-to-peer activity (both online and offline).
Social landscape: Broader think pieces and surveys on the changing face of peer-to-peer/advocacy; used either to drive internal understanding within a brand and/or to share externally to trade or consumer audiences.
What is our hiring process?
We believe that diverse teams build better outcomes, and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful, you will move through two phases:
- We’ll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We’ll arrange a face-to-face interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
Start date: ASAP
Please direct your application to: Lydia.Wise@createwildfire.com